At Career Services we take your privacy and the protection of your information seriously. We endeavour to comply with the guidelines laid out by Ireland’s Data Commissioner in the collection, protection and distribution of data we may collect about you on our website.
Information, Collection and Use
Where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, e-mail address, home address, phone and other contact information), through a facility provided on our website or directly to us by e-mail or phone, you consent to us:
- Processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and
- Retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email).
Information in the email we receive and send will not be disclosed to any third party without the permission of the sender unless otherwise in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
1.Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a service from us or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us.
We may use it in order to:
- provide you with our services
- provide you with information you have signed up to receive
We process this information on the basis that there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or sign up to our email job alert or request a free guide through our webforms you provide your consent to us to process your personal data.
Data collected through webforms
Information collected for these purposes is collected via a web form (or forms). Users that sign up and submit their details are given control over their subscription and can opt out or modify their details at any time. When you sign up to our Job Alert Service, Free Guide request forms or Guidance Counsellor Mailing List the information gathered is used by us to:
- provide information on your preferred career, alert you to when your preferred career is recruiting and corresponding information such as application deadline dates etc.
- provide you with information on our preparation services
- provide other services related to or supplementary to the above; market products and services directly
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by choosing the unsubscribe option in all of our communications or by instructing us via firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you will no longer receive any information from us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website or for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website for example through the use of Google Analytics.
Right of rectification or erasure
Right of Access
You have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by us.
- To obtain a copy of any personally identifiable information that we hold about you please send us a request via email@example.com
- You should include any personal identifiers which you supplied earlier via the website (e.g. Name; address; phone number; e-mail address). Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 1 month.
Removal of your information
- You also have a right to have inaccurate information corrected. If we hold incorrect information about you which was originally submitted by you through this website, you have the right to have the data amended. Such an instruction must be in writing or via e-mail.
- A request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 1 month to process.
Removal of Data
Further, you have the right to have any information you have sent to us erased. To request your right to rectification and/or erasure please send your request to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. [Note: You can change the settings on your browser to refuse all cookies. However, you should note that disabling cookies may result in some parts of the site not working efficiently or in slower downloads]. You can find out more about cookies here https://www.aboutcookies.org/
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and awareness and the review of these measures regularly.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to undertake necessary actions.