Should I Prepare for the Garda Recruitment Campaign?
If you are serious about joining An Garda Síochána, then the answer YES. Think of preparation as one of the best investments you could ever make.
You are giving yourself a great opportunity for the following:
- You are being paid to get a degree qualification in only 104 weeks.
- You will be on an incremental pay scale with additional allowances and overtime.
- You will have an option to retire at 55 years old, after 30 years service.
- You will get a public service pension - lump sum & 50% of your average wage for the remainder of your life.
- There over 40 different possibilities for vertical promotions and lateral moves within the Gardaí, into areas of special task forces and other areas of expertise.
Who will Succeed?
There were over 16,000 candidates applied for Stage 1 in January 2016. Approximately 4,500 of these candidates were called to Stage 2. Approximately 2,000 of these candidates were called to Stage 3. Approximately 800 of these are to join An Garda Síochána. This is really achievable. The candidates who take each stage seriously and prepare, are the candidates who succeed.
Click for information on our Stage 1 Preparation Courses